Valentine’s Day is one of our favourite times of the year, and the busiest for online dating sites! However, if your relationship status is “Single”, know you’re not alone. If this is another year that you find yourself dateless on Valentines, it’s time to do something different.
Whether you’ve been out of the dating circle for a while or new to the world of online dating, the key to success is being proactive, not sitting at home alone. Remember, you aren’t going to meet anyone if you don’t get yourself out there. So, don’t be afraid to put yourself out there.
Now is the perfect time to get online and log in to your dating account and start contacting people. They’ll be feeling exactly the same way you do, so why not reach out to them? Here are some of our tips for meeting that special someone online…
- Write a short, upbeat profile, nothing too intense or too long. Imagine you’re talking to someone you’ve just met, how would you describe yourself and your lifestyle
- Don’t reveal too much personal information like the finer details of your full name or where you live or work until you have met and built up a level of trust.
- If you haven’t already, use a photo on your profile as you’re 16 times more likely to get responses than those without.
- Don’t exaggerate your best qualities, your date is less likely to work out if your real self is too different from the version you put online.
- Overcome the urge to write a shopping list of what you’re looking for, it can be daunting for any prospective matches.
- It may seem an obvious one but take the time to read your profile before you hit the ‘publish’ button. If your profile is filled with typos and grammatical errors, you’re less likely to make a good first impression.
- Once you’ve uploaded your profile, don’t just let it sit there, add updates to give people a better idea of what your life is like.
- Make a great introduction with your first message. Find something in their profile you both share and talk about that. This helps you to establish your shared interests and also lets them know that you have actually read their profile and paid attention.
- Don’t rush, take your time. Exchange a good amount of messages and really get to know each other online before you meet offline.
With Valentine’s Day just a week away, we want to show you a little love and help you meet your perfect partner with our exclusive giveaway. We’re offering 100 people a free, 3-month Gold membership when they ‘join’ or ‘follow’ our Facebook or Twitter page and comment ‘Meet my match’ You can find out more at www.facebook.com/AsianEliteUK and www.twitter.com/asianeliteuk
Happy Valentine’s Day from all of us at Asian Elite UK!